Wednesday 7 November 2012

Bicycle racks.

Since investigating the work of Olafur Eliasson, I decided to go around my space and take more pictures of reflective items. I found these intriguing bicycle racks on the college grounds. I took a series of photographs of these racks and the more I photographed them the more interested I became.


At first I was just engrossed in the texture and how the metal material reacted to light but after a few photos I became more interested in the shape of the racks. When looking through them, they reminded me of a vortex.


 As I said in my earlier post, the concept of a vortex is constantly coming up in the artists I review such as Robert Smithson "four sided vortex", the spiral staircase in the Vatican City and Olafur Eliassons "take your time" exhibit. I am now moving on to exploring a vortex.

No comments:

Post a Comment