Wednesday 17 October 2012

Reflection using tinfoil

 Since researching and studying reflection, I decided to start using different types of reflective material. Instead of going straight int usin mirrors, I wanted to start of easy by experimenting with tin foil. In one of my tutorials, one of my lectures suggested looking at the space between the layers of my first 3D piece which was the tutu made from pleated paper, netting and tulle fabric.
 I began by again, pleating tinfoil. I then started cutting tinfoil in semi circle shapes and taping them together to create a 3D semi circle. I started looking at different ways of doing this by flattening the circles, arranging it in different ways and cutting different size circles. I then wanted to experiment with paint on tinfoil so I began by taking a paint brush and flicking paint onto the tinfoil. I used to types of paint: acrylic paint and silk paint. I also mixed them together to create a less thick version of acrylic paint. I also used black and white spray paint on the tinfoil but that didn’t really work out. My apologies for the bad phototgraphy i left my camera at home and had to use my phone.



No comments:

Post a Comment