Thursday 18 October 2012

Erika Craig


I had my blog review today and my tutors seemed to like the pictures I took of reflection in particular the water reflection image. So I started researching different artist who use water reflection in their work. One artist who I really liked was Erika Craig.

Craig created a stunning series of paintings which represent woman submerged into water.

“I paint figures underwater, immersing my subjects in their surroundings. A person’s reflection in water is a constantly changing self, a distorted image with many sides. Near the surface, the familiar blends into the unknown. Colour and shape break down. Things that seem separate become entwined”.



1 comment:

  1. I came across these while doing some research for one of my students. Lovely drawings!

    ReplyDelete